Welcome
Welcome to <strong>bitsandspurs</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

First trophy style buckle.

Everything related to the craft of making custom cowboy gear. And a few other gadgets.

First trophy style buckle.

Postby jesse.beckham » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:15 pm

I will be making my first trophy style buckle and would like to ask to see some examples of the backs of others buckles. As far as the hardware set up and placement. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by jesse.beckham on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesse W. Beckham
jesse.beckham

Re: First trophy style buckle.

Postby RT Bit and Spur » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:58 pm

My best hangers were bent in a short u shape with the ends flattened out I then soldered a small ring out of 3/32 wire to the buckle with the u shaped piece of 1/8 wire in place. It would swivel in the rings. In the cases I needed a solid hanger I would weld it to the buckle. Will try to add pictures.
Rod
RT Bit and Spur

Postby jesse.beckham » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:40 pm

Thanks Rod, I think I understand what you're saying. Do you prefer a swinging or solid?
Jesse W. Beckham
jesse.beckham

Postby RT Bit and Spur » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:38 pm

If you are using a "prong" I prefer a swinging hanger because it lets that end of the buckle be as flat as possible. It has to be solid if you use a tongue.
Rod
RT Bit and Spur

Postby jesse.beckham » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Thanks Rod!
Jesse W. Beckham
jesse.beckham

Return to Bits, Buckles & Spurs