Welcome
Welcome to <strong>bitsandspurs</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

International Guild of Bit & Spur Makers

Everything related to the craft of making custom cowboy gear. And a few other gadgets.

International Guild of Bit & Spur Makers

Postby MStewart » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:11 pm

All information on the Guild can be found at:
http://www.igbsm.org
Last edited by MStewart on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:10 am, edited 12 times in total.
MStewart

Re: International Guild of Bit & Spur Makers info

Postby Platero » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks for the work you've been putting into this deal, Mark.
Platero

Postby michaelburrows » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:24 am

What program did you use to write the bylaws...I can't open it up
michaelburrows

Postby Larry Fuegen » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:37 am

Thanks Mark and crew, you all have done a great job of pulling this together. There are many different aspects of bit and spur making from regional styles to actual construction and I think you have addressed these issues well and fairly. It looks like there is a place for everyone to fit into if they want to be part of the guild. Some may be satisfied to only be an apprentice while others will reach for their master rating. Your world wide approach and promotion of the guild and the work of it's members as well as educating people about what we do is is much needed. This is an exciting time for all of us no matter what our skill level or chosen style may be. When I first meet all of you at George's I was impressed with your passion to make this happen and you have all risen to the challenge . Well done.

Larry
Larry Fuegen

Postby Larry Fuegen » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:41 am

Initially it was hard to open,but I figured out how to do it. You have to have winzip ( it's free to download an introductory , no frills version.) Then you unzip the file. The other problem I had was you have to use the classic winzip interface and not the one that is default, the wizard interface. Once I selected the classic interface it opened easily, and then I was able to default it back to the wizard standard interface.
Larry Fuegen

Postby MStewart » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:11 am

Sorry but you can't upload a .doc file to this forum so I had to zip file it, thanks Larry for explaining that. If anyone still has trouble just pm me your email address and I will be happy to send you a copy that is not zipped. The Zip file program I used was winrar so just google it and they have a free copy also.
Mark
MStewart

Postby gbspurs » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Mark yall have done an outstanding job and thanks for all the hard work. If there is anything you neede from me just let me know I am more than willing to do whatever.
Thanks again to all the board members and all that you have done.
George
gbspurs

Postby perry pritchard » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:52 pm

I would like to say thank you to all of the people involved in getting this off the ground and going. It is sure to help the industry and be helpful to all of us
perry pritchard

Postby RBrooks » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:03 pm

I too, am very impressed and thankful for all the work you guys have done-It's a huge undertaking, and it's exciting to see all your hard work starting to come together. The bylaws answered most of my questions and/or concerns on just how the membership and guild would work, and (as Larry stated) you guys have addressed all of them. Thanks again.

Richard
RBrooks

Postby CharlieR » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Great job, guys. There is nothing as frustrating and aggravating as trying to get something like this taken care of and making sure most of the points are covered and well explained. You have done a super job---give yourself a pat on the back.
CharlieR

Postby jwfalk » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 pm

It was brought to my attention, in the IGBSM bylaws under definitions concerning engraving techniques. There was concern that we were excluding the traditional Texas style makers. That is certainly not the case, nor has it ever been a consideration. In talking with board members it was understood that Texas style engraving would fall under western brightcut in technique. Engraving techniques are not defined by the IGBSM but are defined by the engraving industry. Texas wheat leaf is cut using brightcuts therefore falling within the western brightcut technique. I hope this clears up the misunderstanding.
Thanks,
Jerry
jwfalk

Postby rich » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:01 am

thanks for clearing that up so quickly.

mike
rich

Postby pollard » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:50 am

Thank you Jerry.
Danny Pollard
pollard

Postby MStewart » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:01 pm

The bylaws download has been updated to reflect the exemptions of spur buttons, rowel pins and chain under prefabricated parts. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Mark
MStewart

Return to Bits, Buckles & Spurs