Welcome
Welcome to <strong>bitsandspurs</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Materials resources / reference material

Everything related to the craft of making custom cowboy gear. And a few other gadgets.

Re: Materials resources / reference material

Postby mpalmer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:37 pm

Where can I find 18 gauge steel (5/8" strips) to build hangers? I've searched online for steel suppliers but to no avail? Does Muellers or Hirschfield carry this?
mpalmer

Internal Doors

Postby Internal Doors » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:25 am

pzriauejppplxaknzffrvviijsyd
pcrxdb zgithf
fgwr <a href="http://www.doors-more.co.uk/store/internal-doors">Internal Doors</a> il zfzfsfziug
dqreob exogpa
igozkj Internal Doors mhlgfs dvfyhd
Internal Doors

Re: Materials resources / reference material

Postby Frank Turley » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 pm

A new book, 2011, was just released by Schiffer Publications, "The Ring Bit: History, Form & Function" by Donald Minzenmayer. This is a big picture book with a good text. There is a tiny bit of notoriety in the book for yours truly, Frank Turley. I'm featured in a few color photos forge welding a ring to dimension. I did this demo at the Houston Area Blacksmiths Association meeting in Oldenburg, TX, in 2006.

We realize that the ring bit is not in favor anymore in the U.S. This book gives us a fresh look at it's function. The ring bit might not be quite the nutcracker we previously thought. The book shows old and new ring bits, some of the recent ones, truly works of art. A fine Mark Dahl bit is shown on the front and back covers (hard back).

http://www.turleyforge.com Granddaddy of Blacksmith Schools
Frank Turley

Previous

Return to Bits, Buckles & Spurs