Welcome
Welcome to <strong>bitsandspurs</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Silent Air compressor

Everything related to the craft of making custom cowboy gear. And a few other gadgets.

Silent Air compressor

Postby nhcowboy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:22 pm

I recently built a very quiet air compressor, total cost $75.00! Basically I bought a great 3 gallon compressor off Craigslist and took its motor off and put on a compressor motor from a dehumidifier I had that didn't work anymore. It was a very easy build and works great, and now I have my compressor right by my bench and barely even know it's there. If anyone wants more info I'll provide more details how I put it together.
http://youtu.be/Msz9tPUFnVI
Paul Kelleher
nhcowboy

Re: Silent Air compressor

Postby Foster » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Very cool! Although I've used air compressors, I don't know much about them so this may be a stupid question. I assume that this is for air-assist engraving but would such a modification work for a larger shop compressor?   

Jesse Foster
Foster

Return to Bits, Buckles & Spurs