Welcome
Welcome to <strong>bitsandspurs</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

need help identifying spurs

Everything related to the craft of making custom cowboy gear. And a few other gadgets.

need help identifying spurs

Postby gobear » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:21 pm

I bought a pair of ladies spurs at a flea market. I originally thought they were a cheap pair of English spurs but after looking at them a little I noticed that the buckles were marked sterling overlay. They are pretty nice. I thought maybe the spurs might be more desirable since someone put such nice straps on them. There are embossed marks on them not stamps but they are mostly worn off. I can make out a K on one spur and a circle with an r in it (trademark )on the other. I have photos. If anyone can help me ID them I'd really appreciate it. Thanks gobear
gobear

Re: need help identifying spurs

Postby jesse.beckham » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Moore Maker Knives in Matador, Texas used to make some Spurs years ago if I'm not mistaken. Before they were famous for making knives.
Jesse W. Beckham
jesse.beckham

Return to Bits, Buckles & Spurs