Welcome
Welcome to <strong>bitsandspurs</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Pricing buckles.

Everything related to the craft of making custom cowboy gear. And a few other gadgets.

Pricing buckles.

Postby jesse.beckham » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:14 pm

What is the round-about average pricing of your buckles? I seem to have hit a wall where my buckles aren't selling. I don't know if I'm pricing too high or what.
Just for comparison a buckle to fit a 1.5" belt with some nickel silver/copper/brass overlays , what's a good price in something like that?
I don't want to give my stuff away, but also, don't want to scare everyone off. Thanks ahead of time.
Jesse W. Beckham
jesse.beckham

Re: Pricing buckles.

Postby RT Bit and Spur » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:25 pm

I sell my 1 1/2 buckles with keeper for $150.00down to my 5/8 buckles for $50.00. More if they get real fancy.
Rod
RT Bit and Spur

Postby jesse.beckham » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:54 pm

Thanks Rod!
Jesse W. Beckham
jesse.beckham

Postby cavemans workshop » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:29 pm

As far as pricing goes, you will have to decide that for your self. I can't decide that for you.
Here are some things to ask your self.
What do i need to make an hour to cover expenses incurred in building a buckle?
Is my work worth what I need to make an hour?
You will have to answer these questions yourself.
If I need to make 50.00 per hour to cover expenses and a buckle takes me 6 hours to build, I have to charge 300.00
You have to keep up with the amount of time you have invested in your projects, this is a must (imo)
If you know your per hour amount to charge as well as the time spent, you can arrive at a price fairly easily.
If things aren't selling, I would suspect either marketing or the product is overpriced for the craftsmanship.
If you have questions let me know, Ill be glad to try and help.
cavemans workshop

Postby Danatkisson » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Prices are right in line with what RT stated.
Danatkisson

Postby jesse.beckham » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Thanks Caveman! I guess my problem is this; I consider this a hobby and don't think of my time as needing to be waged. I always cover my materials cost and try to prove accordingly to the market... My comparison to others work. Don't worry though I have a pretty honest opinion of my work against other so I feel like I price fairly.

Sometime I think people buy items based on a high price simply because "it's expensive so it must be good".
Jesse W. Beckham
jesse.beckham

Return to Bits, Buckles & Spurs