Welcome
Welcome to <strong>bitsandspurs</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Snaffle bit mouthpiece

Everything related to the craft of making custom cowboy gear. And a few other gadgets.

Snaffle bit mouthpiece

Postby Jones cowhorses » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:49 pm

I hav been chewing on how to do a snaffle bit mouth piece for a while. Should i start with round stock draw it down to the center loops and conect or make small rings and weld to the mouthpiece? Thanks
Jones cowhorses

Re: Snaffle bit mouthpiece

Postby vslynes » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:20 am

I taper my mouthpieces starting about 2/3 of the way back to about 1/4" at the end and weld on a 3/16" ring which was bent around a 1/4" round rod. The butt pieces are 5/8"round stock. The taper on the mouthpiece gives the horse some tongue relief! I f you need more info you can phone me at 780-812-6750.
Vern
lynescustomcowboyco.com
vslynes

Return to Bits, Buckles & Spurs